This is an internet meme that was shared with me a few weeks ago by a friend, who requested that I do my own 25 Things, so here we are!
1. How did I lose all that weight? People have been asking me this question for the last 2 years, so here you go: I couldn’t eat for 2 months when my soul mate was dying (due to extreme constant anxiety), so that’s how I lost the weight.
2. A new form of physical activity that I’ve taken on this past year is Brazilian Ju Jitsu. It’s so difficult, and such a challenge, both mentally and physically, but I’m committed to it!
3. I feel like an alien here on this planet. Seriously. I feel like I can’t relate to about 99% of the people in this world, when I see so much needless suffering that they inflict upon others, and I just can’t relate to them. I feel like I’m an outside observer, hence the alienation.
4. Perhaps in relation to my previous point, I’m pretty convinced that I’m meant to spend my time on this Earth alone. Recently an insightful person told me that I’m “not meant to be a nun”, but I doubt it! Whenever I get close to someone, they die.
5. I have recently taken up the making of (non-dairy) cheese, and I love it! It’s so easy to make, and you can make so many different types, that actually taste like their dairy counterparts (but with no animal exploitation involved).
6. I often worry about what my purpose in this life is, and if I will be around long enough to achieve my goals and leave a lasting legacy.
7. I work at night because I enjoy it, not because I “have” to. That said, if I won the lottery today, I would stop working my graveyard shifts asap!
8. I am always worried/concerned about gaining all the weight back, because I see how easily that can happen if I don’t keep it in control. However, I have vowed to never let that happen, which means a life of discipline for the rest of my days.
9. I want to be a raw vegan, and am making my way there. I think it’s just a fantastic and the most wholesome way to live.
10. One of my dreams is to open an animal sanctuary, for rescued (abused) animals.
11. Another one of my dreams is to open all the much needed vegan restaurants in Vancouver. (I have a list!)
12. I can’t walk down stairs like a normal person, due to a skiing accident in grade 9 that damaged my knee.
13. Some people think that I am quiet, but I am really not. I am actually quite loud and outspoken. (they obviously haven’t heard me mouthing off once a week on the talk radio show I co-host)
14. My two substance addictions are: water, and lip balm.
15. I will exercise until the day I die. No exceptions! Fitness is a HUGE priority in my life (yes, I know you wouldn’t know it by simply looking at me), and is part of the reason why I don’t get ahead in other parts of life – because it takes up a lot of my time.
16. I have a clothes/shoe buying addiction. But because I am so poor (and sensible), I (usually) keep it under control, kind of.
17. I sadomasochistically enjoy pain and being pushed to and beyond my limits. It keeps me interested in life.
19. I fit into clothes anywhere from a size 6 to a size 14. It’s weird how clothing sizes can differ so much. And my shoe size ranges from about size 6 to 7.5.
20. I almost constantly have muscle soreness in my body, and a psychic recently identified it and told me it’s because I am guarded and won’t let my emotional pain out.
21. I am a freegan. If it’s free, I’ll take it!
22. I have a high tolerance (and sometimes affinity) for dealing with gross things. I should have been a nurse, or a housekeeper. (oh, wait a second, I was both of those)
23. A few of my future educational ambitions: to do formal studies in nutrition, and to become a raw food chef, and plant-based food educator.
24. Things that invigorate me and make me feel alive are: swimming in the ocean, having a really good run, performing music, and spending time with someone who I really connect with.
25. I do what I want and act how I want and don’t really care what others think about me, because I am living my truth. (but then sometimes I do care, which is why you only get to see these 25 things about me)